Click on your airline and complete the check-in
If you wish to complete your check-in online, we now provide a list of airlines with a direct link to their online check-in page. Please note that the moment when this is enabled is not the same for every airline and not every airline provides online check-in.
How does online check-in work?
- When finalising your booking, it is important to look up the individual airline regarding their check-in policy. As mentioned, most airlines will now offer this but it is good to check the time frame in which you can do this, as some companies may close their online check-in a few hours before departure and you may have to pay the airport check-in fee as mentioned. Additionally, it is important to check the destination that you are travelling to accepts online check-in.
- Using your chosen device, follow the instructions on the airline check-in website or app to check-in and choose any additional services such as food, upgrades or baggage extras. This usually requires the full passenger details and booking reference.
- Once completing check-in, you will need to obtain your boarding pass. Some airlines offer collection in the airport, but most will allow printing from home. If you don't have access to a printer, however, you can often download your boarding ticket to your mobile phone, through an email or the airline app if they have one - just make you keep enough charge on your phone if you are choosing this method to be able to scan your ticket at the airport.
- On your day of departure, you do not need to worry about checking in. Instead, go straight to the airlines bag drop off facility if you have checked luggage. If you only have hand luggage, you can skip this step and head for security, where you will be required to show your boarding pass.
- If you forget your boarding pass, or you phone runs out of battery, you can still go to the check-in desk to reprint your ticket, but please be aware that some airlines may charge for this.